Mass emails from here to AOL users not being accepted by AOL

Please read this if you have an AOL email account registered on the site

Mass emails from here to AOL users not being accepted by AOL

Postby tonydav » Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:01 pm

Just spotted that this has been happening since we moved to the new server.

If you have an AOL email address registered at CGSOB, you won't have been receiving emails from here.

I'll contact AOL to try & sort it. In the meantime, if you have another email address, I would advise changing to it in your registration details.

I'll be in touch.
tonydav
Site Admin

Postby tonydav » Sat Jul 02, 2005 2:08 pm

After some frustrating calls to AOL (& being shuffled between Technical Support & Billing) & reading AOL's terms, I fear that sending emails from CGSOB to AOL addresses may not be achievable in the short term (if at all).

This may(or may not) explain the smallish numbers of responses to my mass emails (there could, of course, be other reasons :wink: ).

I'll try to contact the AOL users by other means & have a think about what to do next.
tonydav
Site Admin

Postby tonydav » Sat Jul 02, 2005 2:44 pm

I've just emailed all the AOL users using a temporary workaround. The following addresses came back as UNKNOWN (which is why I can safely add them here).

<blimeylymey@aol.com> <rwtyson@aol.com> <webntweb@aol.com>

Anyone recognise them(Ray Tyson?)? If you think they belong to you, now might be a good time to change to a non AOL one.
tonydav
Site Admin

Postby tonydav » Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:11 pm

I've just added a mod to the site which enables me to see a list of members email addresses. It's a bit fiddly to extract the addresses but I'll use it next time I send a mass email (as nobody seems interested in changing from AOL addresses :( ).
tonydav
Site Admin

Postby tonydav » Tue May 30, 2006 8:23 pm

I've now extracted the AOL members email addresses & will (subject to my ever fading memory) send a copy of all future mass emails to them.
tonydav
Site Admin

Return to Problem sending emails to AOL users