Message from Arthur Lowe (copied here by Tony Dav)

You must remember whatsisname...

Get in touch with your old mates in here

Message from Arthur Lowe (copied here by Tony Dav)

Postby tonydav » Tue Jan 14, 2003 4:33 pm

I attended chorlton grammar from 1953 to 1958

used to live at 15 nicolas rd chorlton emigrated to canada 1966 thrilled to see pics of staff and old school when exploring web just following links

what a world we live in today hi- tec or what.

arthur (art) lowe

nanaimo british columbia
vancouver island canada
tonydav
Site Admin

Re: Message from Arthur Lowe (copied here by Tony Dav)

Postby Bryan Bentley » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:40 pm

I remember an Arthur Low. He was much later than me 1940 to 1947 but I think I met him when I worked at Met Vick/AEI at Trafford Park. I saw this old message when I was browsing.Strange he lives 100. klicks north of me! Wonder if he is still there. Bryan Bentley
Bryan Bentley

Postby Bryan Bentley » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:19 am

Hi Tony, Been some time since I logged in. Glad to see you are still working hard keeping everything up to date. Thank you for your hard work. Am 88 next birthday and just take another pill if anything crops up. Otherwise still plugging on. Still living near Victoria Canada. Enjoying Lotus Land. Not many of the old lads left now but still keep in touch with those I know. Have not been back to Manchester for several years but was horrified when I drove through Trafford Park. There was only the Trafford Pub standing where there used to be AEI with 40,000 workers. Even Carrington Power Station had been demolished. Agecroft Power Station and the mine hoists had been demolished. I helped commission the two Cope hoists and worked on t he generators at the power station. Bryan Bentley
Bryan Bentley

Postby tonydav » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:40 pm

Bryan!

Good to hear from you & abject apologies for the delay responding to you - I blame the grandkids - all ten of them. :roll:

Talking of all our yesterdays, my wife (the lovely Fin) & I attended our Old Codgers (work colleagues, not CGSOBs) annual summer reunion at Ye Olde Cock Inn in East Didsbury - haven't been there since the 70s.

Trekked there (it's a long story...) by car (to Mills Hill Station), rail (to Victoria) & Metrolink to East Didsbury via Chorlton:-

- here's a clickable link to the South Manchester Metrolink line http://www.metrolink.co.uk/futuremetrolink/Pages/south-manchester-line.aspx)

& a map of the local area http://www.metrolink.co.uk/stationinfo/Documents/13-0767%20Chorlton%20local%20area%20map.pdf

Was hoping to see more of the locality but that would have meant getting off or climbing on the roof of the tram so decided against it.

This is what the pub looked like in 1901 - I think the chicken we had was from the same era :wink: .

tonydav
Site Admin

Postby Bryan Bentley » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:21 pm

Glad to see Arthur Low is well. Thanks for forwarding message Tony. I seem to have more family in Canada now than in UK.
I doubt that I will be back in Manchester as the journey is very tiring. Still have a lot of happy memories to remind me of my life in the old sod as the Irish say. Thanks Bryan Bentley.
Bryan Bentley

Return to Whatever happened to...?